Saturday, May 12, 2018

COLOURING VIDEO USING SPECTRUM NOIR BY CHARLOTTE

It’s time for me to share another Sasayaki Glitter card and video with you. This time I created my card to have a sweet storybook feel to it with the help of some textured ink blending.
I started by printing the Happy Mouse digi stamp onto some alcohol marker friendly paper. I sized it to fill my card front. I then coloured the mouse brown using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers. All the colours used in my colouring can be found in the video.
Once I’d finished colouring the mouse I moved on to colouring my background. I started by using an Ink Blending Tool with Altenew Forest Glades ink to create my grass. Initially I was intending to go for a smooth ink blended look, but I soon changed my mind and decided to go with a more sponged, textured look.
Having completed the grass I moved on to the sky. I used Ocean Waves ink with a make-up sponge for blending, and used a mix of dabbing and rolling motions to create my texture. I then returned to the grass and added more texture with another make-up sponge.
I went back to my alcohol markers to finish colouring the other elements of the card such as the butterflies and flowers. With these I was less concerned about shadows than I had been with the mouse as I really wanted the mouse to remain the focal point on the card.
Next I put the panel in my MISTI and lined up a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp’s Beautiful Day which I stamped with Altenew Dusk Ink. I had considered using black ink but decided I liked the softer look from the Dusk ink, which is just a little darker than the Ocean Waves I’d used on the sky.
I really like how this card turned out. The texture of the sponging works really well with the image, and it really does give a fun storybook feel which is just what I was going for. The sentiment fits nicely with the rest of the card, and I’m very pleased with the colouring on the mouse.
Love,
Lady Joyful